Morning Sickness

The morning sickness has hit, and hit hard!   I have been continually nauseated every day for the past four days.. I know it's all worth it in the end, because babies are worth every bit of the sickness, it's not easy to deal with when there is so much to be done and I just feel too sick to do it!     Hopefully the four months will pass quickly and then I'll be feeling normal again.

This is actually the seventh time I've gone through morning sickness!   (I also had morning sickness with the first baby I had a miscarriage with).   So it seems like I should know everything about it, but there is not really any fool proof way for me to avoid the nausea.   I've been using ginger and trying to eat crackers before I get up in the morning. Those help temporarily but not for long.

I also want to try the Karen Hurd morning sickness diet again...but really feel grossed out at the thought of eating the beans right now.  Unless maybe someone else cooks them.  I don't know. lol

I am seriously considering getting some OTC nausea medicine and seeing how it works. I've never tried it before, because I didn't want to harm the baby...but I know so many women who have tried it and their babies turned out fine.    I might just try some and see if it helps, after researching the side effects, etc... because it would be so nice to get through the day without throwing up.

I'm still so excited though, to be having another baby. No amount of sickness can take that away.  Children are always a miracle!

What did you think of this article?

Trackbacks
  • Trackbacks are closed for this post.
Comments

• 12/4/2012 12:35 PM Lenetta wrote:
    Use canned beans! There is a time and place for being frugal as well as avoiding additives and morning sickness is NOT that time. hope you're feeling better soon, praise God for His miracles!
    1. 12/4/2012 7:32 PM Bethany wrote:
      Lenetta, that is a great idea! Would you believe that never occurred to me?
  • 12/8/2012 11:25 PM Lisa OB wrote:
    Awwww, Bethany--at least you know how worth it babies are, and that you are not alone in your "sickness". Canned beans--yes! Have your oldest heat them for you. Remember also that it's legumes that do the trick for many of us, and that includes peas and lentils, etc. Not that those sound much better, I know, but...at least it's a choice! Interestingly enough, Indian food seemed to quell the nausea for me. I'v heard this from others, too. There are just some countries where the moms don't get so sick. I'm all for eating whatever it is that helps them not barf!
    1. 12/9/2012 3:49 PM Bethany wrote:
      Thanks, Lisa! I will try to eat my beans, for sure! Lol
  • 12/9/2012 7:17 PM theshadedlily wrote:
    Bethany,
    I was sick for about 7 months with my oldest girl.....mostly because of poor diet. They gave me phenergan (sp) and it didn't help me. I hope it works for you. Could you use canned beans, or will that not work? So sorry you have to deal with this
  • 12/9/2012 7:18 PM theshadedlily wrote:
    Haha. I guess i should have read the above comments!
  • 12/11/2012 12:03 AM Sara wrote:
    I just wanted to tell you, I'm about 4 months pregnant with my 5th, and the biggest help for my morning sickness was eating some sort of protein first thing in the morning, and throughout the day. It's usually an egg or some peanut butter toast, but I have a friend who drinks a protein shake every morning. It's the protein in the beans that helps with the morning sickness! Hope that helps you! Blessings to you and that little one!

Sara
  • 12/20/2012 5:01 PM Bethany wrote:
    Hi! I just stumbled across your blog, and I had to comment. My name is Bethany, and I'm a crunchy mom/minimalist blogger as well! I look forward to following your adventures.

Bethany